Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friends

Today I'm reminded of a bleak day in elementary school. Setting: The school counselor's office. Never a good place to be. Characters: myself, my mother, Mrs.Doud. Topic being discussed: my bad choices and how to improve them. I remember distinctly when the school counselor asked what I hoped to do in the upcoming year that would improve my experience at Park Place Elementary School and I replied: "I want to choose better friends." My mom (probably without realizing it was a bit of an insult to me) said: "Really? You aren't just saying that because I'm here?" To this I rolled my eyes,sighed, and probably said something stupid like: "Seriously mom?! This is why I didn't want to come here." Hahaha The funny part about this is that I thought that I could choose my friends. Silly me. I spent today with a friend I never have enough time with and was reminded that God chose my friends for me. What a blessing this is! He knows me better than I know myself and chose people to be in my life that would all teach me lessons about myself that have helped me grow to be a better person and friend to them in return. I've also realized that I don't know half of my facebook friends and need to do some spring-friend-cleaning. I love facebook, don't get me wrong...I just realized that it can be used to stay in touch with friends, or to stalk people that you find mildly attractive/interesting. I would rather not stalk or be stalked. Please and thank you. What about your friends? How have they shown you things about yourself that you would never have known unless they brought it out of you? Holly has tought me to bring out my inner child. Not to dance like no one is watching...but to dance as if everyone is watching and you don't care one tiny bit. Kc has tought me patience, tolerance, and adventure. Emily has tought me to be loyal, open, and honest. If it weren't for her I would be a much more self-centered human being. Rachel has tought me to be a more accountable person. She makes me want to be someone that can be depended upon. My sister, with whom I share a bond much stronger than friendship, has tought me strength, and to guard my heart, but not from her. I'm so blessed to share life with these amazing human beings. And there are so many more! Think about it...how did you meet your best friend? Was it completely random? How awesome was that feeling when you realized that you just click perfectly together? Hope you're mind is flooded with warm fuzzy feelings like mine. <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment