Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Big Thoughts

My heart aches for the world tonight. I've heard friends who shall remain nameless say: "I hope when the end time comes Jesus will decide I can come to heaven too.." Really? You hope? I can't help but wonder if this is how the majority of people feel. Do they think that if there is a God, then he must be the gracious God everyone talks about, and if He is gracious and does exist then maybe they'll be able to convince Him that they are good people and deserve heaven...? Maybe I'm being silly and a worry wort but when my time comes I don't want to "hope" that a divine spirit of some kind has my back. I'm personally not willing to leave eternity to chance. I know that I am saved. That I have a Savior who for some crazy reason loves me and persues me as I persue Him. I want to spread the gospel of His love so that other people can have the peace that I do about life after death and the end of the world. Let me clue you in on a little secret...you can be the best citizen, the best person alive, (according to society) and not be heaven-bound. After all, one must wonder where society gets it's moral standard from?...hmmm... There is one major decision that people make in life. It's deciding what you believe to be true. If I'm wrong and Jesus Christ, Heaven, Hell, and God are not real.... then I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I'm right...and no one may enter the kingdom of heaven except through Him...then non-christians have everything to lose, and nothing to gain.
Hope this wasn't too much for a first blog. Just sharing what's on my heart.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment